Title of Product
The church in Mogilno and the monastery’s foundation for the Benedictines’ Order
Century: 1000 - The 11th Century
Topic: The church in Mogilno and the monastery’s foundation for the Benedictines’ Order
Image of the product
Name of Author(s): Grzegorz Ratajski
Name of Producer: Net information source: “wikipedia.pl”, locally oriented site:www.mogilno.cba.pl
Language/s of Product: Polish
Target Group: General audience
Overall Evaluation: excellent
Availability of community:
Objectives & Structure:
Aspects to consider:
- The Website presents the history of the place, linking the past, progress and the present day
- Students consume the knowledge through the exotic fundaments of art’s adjusting in the frames of the time and their ancestors’ cognitive explorations
- The rules of the early Medieval architecture as regards churches, monasteries, special foundations
- Possibility of mapping special spots of the related objects and finding the points of resemblance and coherence
Description of contents:
The church in Mogilno together with the Benedictines’ Monastery was founded by the Polish King Kazimierz Odnowiciel (what interesting: the document proving Boleslaw the Brave’s connotations with the above appeared to be falsified). The monks came to Poland from Bavaria.
The church was built in Xi century and many times after that it was rebuilt. From the Roman Style’s epoch there have still remained the walls of the presbytery with the apse, fragments of the side walls, two pillars, the western crypt encompassed by the cross vault supported by one pillar.
The crypt represents a reliquary type, it has got a recess dedicated to a reliquary’s hiding in there, the fact being controversial, whereas assuming anyhow not proved existence of any cult of the early Middle Ages dated reliquaries in that place. That makes an intriguing historic puzzle, while in reference to the presumed regulations of the Benedictines’ foundation.
Mogilno itself belongs to the oldest settlements located by the borders between the Great Poland region and Kujawy, namely within one of the territories where the Polish state gradually modelled up its coherence.
On the cape surrounded by the Mogilno lake and the marsh since the break of VIII/IX century there had existed a hamlet with a palisade and the natural protective objects.
Evaluation and Comments
Overall Evaluation: excellent
Clarity of structure, logical sequence of contents: excellent
Usability / easiness of navigation: excellent
The website is interesting / stimulating: excellent
Educational and learning value: excellent
Quality and relevancy of content: excellent
Compatibility of the content with the target group: excellent
Suitability and quality of graphic interface: excellent
Degree and quality of interaction: excellent
Exploitation of the electronic potential: excellent
Availability and quality of simulation exercises: excellent
Quality of the evaluation tools: excellent
Possibility of printing/saving material or tests: excellent
Description of how the website can be used with the students::
- The students extra- and intra- polate the frames of the learnt object in the architecture’s, civilization’s and adaptation’s aspects.
- The appearances of the old past bring out the reception of the new canons of humanistic identity among the students.
Evaluation Date: 01.09.2008.
Name of teacher: Antoni Woźniak
Name of School: LO number 3
Subjects Taught: Fine Arts
Comments about this product